” ‘I-Thou Horsemanship’ is an approach to Horsemanship that teaches an understanding of horse psychology, herd dynamics, and training principles that is grounded in ‘I-Thou relating’ – a theory and practice based on being-to-being connections that foster a depth of awareness, presence, deep listening, unconditional acceptance and working through challenges with breath and commitment.”
Meg Kirby (2012)
I-Thou approach with horses is the foundation of the Institute Model of EAP and EAL Practitioner Training Program.
I-Thou Horsemanship Sessions
- We offer individual sessions to work with you and your horse to enhance understanding, listening processes, working with softness and relaxation.
- The sessions begin on the ground and can move to bareback/ mounted essentials that focus on connection, relaxation, balance and breath work.
Why I-Thou Horsemanship?
- Horse-Human Connection Sessions are a wonderful way to return to the joy of being in relationship with your horse
- where the connection is aware, mindful, and grounded in somatic, emotional and social intelligence
- mutually beneficial for both horse and human