Equine Studies and Horsemanship Essentials for Equine Assisted Practitioners
New Dates March 28-29, 2020
Venue The Institute, Daylesford area, Victoria
Facilitator Valence Williams, Soul Horse Revolution
Investment $320 – 2 Day Training with Herd and Handouts included
Training Learning Objectives
- Understand the principles and practice of I-Thou Horsemanship including Inclusion, Presence, Rupture & Repair and Confirmation practices with horses.
- Understand equine ethology, equine psychology (including reading body language) and herd behaviour .
- Understand horses’ languge signs and calming signals
- Learn the “Five Freedoms” and what this means for your practice.
- Understand training principles that are mutually beneficial and relaxing for both horses and humans.
- Learn the 4 quadrants of learning theory with horses
- Learn to track for signs of relaxation and signs of stress in your horse.
- Understand the ethical issues of including horses in healthcare (EAP) and education (EAL).
- Learn basic horsemanship and safe handling skills (including halter, leading, forward, back-up, halt, turn on hindquarter, turn on the forehand, picking up legs/hoof, touch de-sensitisation, safe mount/dismount).
- Use interventions to calm, support and regulate horses
- Develop your assessment skills and reflective practices with horses
- Learn basic horse care and how to meet the domestic needs of horses
- Introduction to basic equine first aid.
- Develop a commitment to continuing professional development with horses.
Introducing our Facilitator – Valence Williams
After a number of years as a horse trainer (including winning Reserve Champion Yearling at the Australian Brumby Challenge 2014), Valence noticed a shift in how people were relating to their horses with a deeper compassion and connection. This further inspired her spiritual journey of self-discovery with horses and changed the approach Valence had been taking – from training horses, to supporting humans (the horse owners) to truly understand horses and be in an intimate relationship with their horses.
Valence is super passionate about equine psychology and learning theory and offers services as a Horsemanship and Self Development Coach and meditation teacher with horses. Valence supports people to learn how to train, connect & grow with horses in a holistic way via understanding equine psychology, ethology & regulation with horses. Valence has completed a Diploma in Equine Psychology, Certification with The Equine Psychotherapy Institute as an Equine Assisted Learning practitioner, and is a professional member of the IICT recognised in the modalities of Equine Meditation, Meditation Teaching, Holistic Counselling & Personal Training. She enjoys liberty interactions with horses, positive reinforcement training and meditations with her own herd.
This 2 Day Clinic is
- Experiential You will be learning via experiencing.
- Professional Students are introduced to professional principles and practices.
- Practice-based Practitioner and practice oriented.
- Relational Learning happens in relationship with horses.
- Theoretical Learn theory and principles.
Post Training Support
After completion of training students/practitioners can
Access ongoing Professional Development opportunities
- 1 Day Introduction to Equine Therapy Training
- 15 Day Foundation Equine Assisted Psychotherapy and Equine Assisted Learning Training
- Advanced Training in Trauma, Addiction and other Wellbeing and Mental Health specialised areas
Access ongoing Personal Development opportunities
- Equine Assisted Psychotherapy sessions
- Self-Care for Practitioners programs
- Referrals to EPI congruent counselling, psychotherapy and coaching support.
To Apply for our Training Program NOW
- Check the dates to ensure you can attend
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an Application Form. Complete and email back.
- Once your place has been confirmed you will receive a Welcome Letter. This will give you information to support you in arranging accommodation, transport, required reading and other information to support preparation and planning for your successful training experience.
Further enquiries or questions are welcome. Please contact the Equine Psychotherapy Institute on