Online Equine Assisted Training – EAP / EAL
LIVE and INTERACTIVE Online Foundation EAP/ EAL Training
This unique Training is available for both Australian and english-speaking International students.
This program incorporates our successful Foundation 15 day intensive EAP/ EAL Training Program and offers an engaging and accessible online format over 25 weeks, perfect for those fitting their study in around work, family and other commitments.
Over a total of 75 Contact Hours (plus Accrued Learning Hours), you will learn a sophisticated and comprehensive model of equine assisted practice. This program is designed to be an equivalent to Level 8 AQF (Australian Qualification Framework), Graduate Diploma level.
You will learn:
- The core competencies of Equine Assisted Practice, specifically Equine Assisted Psychotherapy and Equine Assisted Learning – including theory and practice of psychotherapy change processes; horse safety, safety guidelines and understanding horses; and, the unique dynamics that occur in equine assisted therapy and equine assisted learning.
- An overview of The Equine Psychotherapy Institute (EPI) Model, a unique relational, trauma-informed, experiential, ethical and horse-wisdom based model founded in psychotherapy theory and practice and neuroscience.
- Underpinning Psychotherapy theory including gestalt therapy, mindfulness, phenomenology, cognitive-behavioural, developmental/attachment lens, trauma-informed practice, and somatic experiencing principles and practices.
- Practice methodology, including – somatic, emotional, cognitive, behavioural, brain-body, relationship-focused methodology.
- The ‘what’ and ‘how’ in EAP processes – the theoretical and experiential foundations, including applications at liberty, on-line and mounted sessions with horses.
- Equine Studies
The Role of the Horse in contributing to client change
- I-Thou Horse-person-ship and the 8 Keys to including horses in psychotherapy and experiential learning
- An Introduction to different applications – working with individuals, couples, families, groups, clinical work, personal development, children, addictions, corporate work and leadership.
- EPI Model psychotherapy explicit theory of change – this includes understanding how people grow and change generally, and how change happens therapeutically in equine-assisted processes.
- EPI Code of Ethics, Ethics and Horse Welfare in EPI model practice.
- Introduction to Business and Professional practice in the context of equine assisted practice … and much, much more!
- Attendance is a Certification Requirement, online classes are live and are not recorded
- You need a reliable internet connection, computer or laptop and safe access to your horse, herd for practicals.
- Students must set aside 3 hours for classes without distraction, plus weekly reading and homework time
- International students – Mondays 9am-12 midday (Melbourne, Australian time)
Certification with the Institute requires:
- Attend all Foundation Training Classes (6 month duration, weekly Foundation Training classes)
- Complete 5 Phone / Zoom Supervision Sessions with EPI Supervisor ($120 plus gst per Supervision)
- Complete 2 EAP/ EAL Practice Sessions and keep case notes
- Submit 1 Video (filmed) EAP/ EAL Practice Assessment Session
- Complete 3 Integration Papers (1000 words each)
- Attend 2 Day Equine Studies Clinic OR Apply for RPL
- Submission of 1 x Horsemanship Video (basic horsemanship skills)
- Satisfactory completion of open book Exam (must be completed within 3 months of training completion)
- Signed/compliance with Institute Code of Ethics.
All completed within 12 months.
The total investment for the program is AU $4200 (plus GST)
Email email@example.com for an Application Form or Expression of Interest.
During and following 30 weeks of training, students are supported to certify as Equine Assisted Psychotherapy or Equine Assisted Learning Practitioners in the EPI Model.
Certified EAP Practitioners are registered mental health and clinical professionals (psychologists, psychiatrists, social workers, counsellors, psychotherapists, mental health occupational therapists and credentialed nurses) who have also successfully completed foundation training, supervision and assessment requirements, and now offer it as specialist clinical modality within their professional field of practice.
Certified EAL Practitioners are teachers, disability support workers, youth workers, horse riding instructors, coaches, organisational consultants, and, people interested in helping people learn new skills, with the horses as engaging partners in the process, who have also successfully completed foundation training, supervision and assessment requirements, and now offer it as specialist EAL/EFL modality.
Office Hours 9am-2pm Monday to Friday +61 437 882 600