Join us for this two day Clinic
Improve and practice your equine skills and gain a further understanding of I-Thou Horse-person-ship.
Who is this training for?
This training is for you if you have already completed our EAL or EAP training and would like to improve your understanding of I-thou horse-person-ship and further develop your equine skills.
How is the training delivered?
The program is delivered in-person in collaboration with a beautiful herd of horses.
The format this training will be based on the use of equine experiential exercises, skills-based practice sessions, small group conversations, theory presentations, and use of case material.
The training is:
- Experiential: you will be learning via experiencing
- Professional: students are introduced to professional principles and practices
- Practice-based: practitioner and practice oriented
- Relational: learning happens in relationship with horses
- Theoretical: learn theory and principles
What are the Learning Objectives?
- Understand the principles and practice of I-Thou Horse-person-ship including Inclusion, Presence, Rupture & Repair and Confirmation practices with horses.
- Understand equine ethology, equine psychology (including reading body language) and herd behaviour.
- Understand horses’ language signs and calming signals
- Learn the “Five Freedoms” and what this means for your practice.
- Understand training principles that are mutually beneficial and relaxing for both horses and humans.
- Learn the 4 quadrants of learning theory with horses
- Learn to track for signs of relaxation and signs of stress in your horse.
- Understand the ethical issues of including horses in healthcare (EAP) and education (EAL).
- Learn basic horse-person-ship and safe handling skills (including halter, leading, forward, back-up, halt, turn on hindquarter, turn on the forehand, picking up legs/hoof, touch de-sensitisation, safe mount/dismount).
- Use interventions to calm, support and regulate horses
- Develop your assessment skills and reflective practices with horses
- Learn basic horse care and how to meet the domestic needs of horses
- Introduction to basic equine first aid.
- Develop a commitment to continuing professional development with horses.
What is the Investment?
$320 for this two day clinic.
Why Train with Us?
We are an established training organisation and have been training practitioners since 2011.
We have a unique brain-body and neuroscience approach to working with trauma and EAP, based on the EPI Model and Somatic Experiencing and other world-renowned trauma theorists and practitioners. Your trainers are highly qualified and experienced psychologists and trauma specialists who live and breathe this work.
This program is designed to support you as a practitioner to be personally and professionally competent in working with horses and humans for the purpose of transforming trauma, where the horses are honoured as teacher and co-facilitator.
We will support and challenge you to grow and feel ‘held’ as you grow into grounded and authentic practitioners. Our program sets a high standard for students, practitioners and the wider international community.
Who are our trainers?
After a number of years as a horse trainer (including winning Reserve Champion Yearling at the Australian Brumby Challenge 2014), Valence noticed a shift in how people were relating to their horses with a deeper compassion and connection. This further inspired her spiritual journey of self-discovery with horses and changed the approach Valence had been taking – from training horses, to supporting humans (the horse owners) to truly understand horses and be in an intimate relationship with their horses.
Valence is super passionate about equine psychology and learning theory and offers services as a Horsemanship and Self Development Coach and meditation teacher with horses.
Valence supports people to learn how to train, connect & grow with horses in a holistic way via understanding equine psychology, ethology & regulation with horses. Valence has completed a Diploma in Equine Psychology, Certification with The Equine Psychotherapy Institute as an Equine Assisted Learning practitioner, and is a professional member of the IICT recognised in the modalities of Equine Meditation, Meditation Teaching, Holistic Counselling & Personal Training. She enjoys liberty interactions with horses, positive reinforcement training and meditations with her own herd.