The first Australian Model, Training & Certification Pathway
Are you passionate about horses and helping people?
Do you want to become a successful equine assisted therapist?
Are you inspired about the unique gifts horses have to offer people?
Do you desire to facilitate professional and powerful equine assisted programs?
You are in the right place!
We meet you where you are, train, support and inspire you along your unique journey in becoming a professional equine assisted practitioner.
I’m Meg Kirby, author and founder of The Equine Psychotherapy Institute and internationally renowned EPI Model of equine assisted practice.
I am super passionate about this work and driven to raise the standards of equine therapy, equine assisted psychotherapy and equine assisted learning, internationally. I have designed incredibly rewarding training programs for you. Our faculty staff at the institute are equally passionate about teaching and supporting you to become an inspired, talented and successful practitioner…with the unique support of our beautiful equine friends.
Since 2011, The Equine Psychotherapy Institute has been offering passionate mental healthcare professionals and horse people training in the first Australian Model of Equine Assisted Psychotherapy and Equine Assisted Learning.
Our training is unique.
The Institute is internationally renowned, and, unwavering in its dedication to professionalism, integrity, ethics, trauma-informed practice, horse welfare, and innovative services.
The Institute is unrivalled in the standards, ethics and innovation of our Practitioner Training, and the Continuing Professional Education delivered in Equine Assisted Therapy and Equine Assisted Learning programs.
The training programs are designed specifically for professionals interested in incorporating horses into psychotherapy, counselling, personal development, experiential learning, and professional development.
With two streams of Training and Certification available, we train new and experienced mental healthcare professionals (such as psychologists, social workers, counsellors, psychotherapists), and, we train passionate horse-people looking to build another arm of their business, to include equine assisted learning, team building, leadership and social emotional learning for children, adolescents and adults.
Our specialist supplementary training is perfect for YOU if you are
- An Experienced MH Practitioner who is experienced with horses, and interested in a theoretically rigorous training program
- A MH Practitioner who is new to horses, but passionate about the journey into understanding horses and horsemanship
- An Experienced Horse-person wanting to deliver effective programs for children, adolescents, adults and specialist client groups, such as veterans and aboriginal youth.
- Wanting to offer professional, ethical, effective and relational services that truly serve clients, and support growth, healing and development. This training is for people who are ready to change, learn and grow, personally, so they are ready to support others to change, learn and grow.
- Simply love horses and feel their amazing presence, support, and unique feedback, and, want to share that with the world!
The Institute Training Programs are different.
Our training is Life Changing.
Are you ready for the Change?
Here’s what our students say about our training program…
You have some options now
- Email to request an Application Form to Apply NOW for our upcoming Training Programs – firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note – numbers are limited per training group.
- Call and discuss your questions – on 0425371729, and if your call is unanswered, please leave a brief message and we will return your call asap.
- Read the EAP Training page for more information– if you are a registered mental health professional
- Read the EAL Training page for more information – if you are a passionate horse-person or not a registered mental health professional
- Read the Practitioner Calendar page to see when and where the Practitioner Training programs are offered across Australia and Internationally for 2018/2019,
- Read more about our Model by purchasing this textbook, available at all good online bookstores, “An Introduction to Equine Assisted Psychotherapy : principles, theory and practice of the equine psychotherapy institute model”, Meg Kirby.
- Stay connected by entering your email address in our Newsletter box – to receive upcoming events, programs etc.
- Find a Practitioner in your local area.
- Watch our Video on the EAP Training or EAL Training pages to learn more about our unique and comprehensive approach.
There is lots more to read on this website, about our experienced trainers, about the work, about the model we train in EAP and EAL, and lots more! So, have a read, and connect with us when you are ready to register for a training program, request equine therapy, or talk about the innovative team building or leadership programs we deliver.
We are just a call or email away!
Let’s stay connected and support growth, wellbeing and healing for all humans, horses, and life on our beautiful planet!