One Day Introduction to Equine Assisted Therapy
Understanding the clinical practice of Equine Assisted Psychotherapy (EAP) and the growing modality of Equine Assisted Learning (EAL)
Our Introduction to Equine Therapy is a professional development workshop open to mental health practitioners, referral agencies, and horse-people interested in equine assisted practice.
This 1-day workshop will introduce you to the innovative field of Equine Assisted Psychotherapy (EAP) and Equine Assisted Learning (EAL) that emerged out of the broader field of Animal Assisted Therapy (AAT) in the 1990’s.
Who is this training for?
This workshop is open to people interested in equine assisted therapy, equine assisted learning, referral agencies, mental health clinicians, professionals considering training, and the general public wanting a comprehensive introduction to this innovative, growing field of practice. People interested to learn “straight from the horse’s mouth”, so to speak! This is an in person workshop where participants learn through experiencing a taste of EAL and EAP and are introduced to knowledge in the field of equine assisted practice.
How is the training delivered?
This is an in-person workshop where participants learn through experiencing a taste of EAP and EAL and be introduced to knowledge in the field of equine assisted practice. Workshops are held regularly in Queensland (Sunshine Coast), Victoria, Western Australia and South Australia.
What are the Learning Objectives?
- Gain an understanding of EAP as both an emerging and powerful clinical practice – for Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Social Workers, registered Counsellors and Psychotherapists
- Gain an understanding of Equine Assisted Learning – an innovative modality supporting social-emotional leaning, personal development, and, professional development (i.e. team building and leadership).
- Learn the history of the fields of AAT, EAT, EAMH, EAP and EAL
- Develop an understanding of why and how horses are included in clinical practice and experiential learning
- Learn what EAP/ EAL looks like ‘in the paddock’
- Understand how some clinical principles and practices (i.e. the therapeutic relationship, mindfulness, distress tolerance, emotional regulation) are integrated into EAP
- Understand how the EPI Model of EAP and EAL supports learning through doing, re-wiring neural pathways, and supports change through the lens of interpersonal neurobiology
- Experience an EAP/EAL taster – participate in or observe a demonstration session (with herd of horses) to enhance understanding
- Get questions answered by experienced and knowledgeable clinicians who are both experienced horse-people trained in equine assisted practice and passionate about the work.
What is the Investment?
Workshop Fee: $297 (includes tea/coffee)
Click Here to Register for our WA One Day Intro Workshop - Sunday 16th April 2023
Click Here to Register for our VIC One Day Intro Workshop - Sunday 16th April 2023
Click Here to Register for our Southern NSW One Day Intro Workshop - Friday 5th May 2023
Click Here to Register for our QLD One Day Intro Workshop - Saturday 3rd June 2023
Why Train with Us?
We are uniquely placed given our training is pitched at the standard you would expect from a post graduate training. The standard of training is high, aimed at a post degree level or equivalent.
We are celebrating our 10th year of training in EAP! We are an established training organisation and have been successfully training hundreds of practitioners since 2011.
We have a unique approach to EAP. Our EPI Model is a psychotherapy model, that is fundamentally founded on ethical practice with both clients and horses. Our faculty is highly qualified and experienced in EAP, and live and breathe this work.
This training program is designed to support you as a practitioner to be personally and professionally competent in working with horses and humans for the purpose of human growth, development and healing, where the horses are honoured as teacher, assistant and co-facilitator.
We will support and challenge you to grow and feel ‘held’ as you grow into grounded and authentic practitioners. Our program sets a high standard for students, practitioners and the wider international community.
As a graduate of our training, you can choose to become a member of our EPI community of practitioners and get access to ongoing support, supervision and advanced, high quality specialist psychotherapy training.