Practitioner Presence & Self Care with Horses
3 Day Personal Development program for equine assisted practitioners, therapists and horse people.
New Dates – June 7-9th, 2019
3 Day Personal Development Program includes
- Self-Care practices for ever-day use
- Safe and inspiring Horse-assisted experiences
- Nourishment practices for the body, mind and spirit with horses.
- Horse Wisdom practices
- Practical Self-Compassion, Presence and Mindfulness principles and practices
- Innovative conceptual maps and self -practices in embodiment, emotional regulation, self-inquiry and self-discovery
- Horses as supports, teachers and assistants in self-discovery, self-regulation and self-care practices
Light Vegetarian Lunch is provided in each Foundation Training Intensive.
Who Can Attend
- Equine Assisted Practitioners – equine assisted psychotherapists, equine assisted learning practitioners and equine therapists looking for personal development that is emotionally safe and horse-inspired!
- Horse People interested in Self Discovery and Self Care practices
Animal loving Psychotherapists, Mental Health Practitioners, Counsellors, Psychologists, Psychiatrists, General Practitioners, Allied Health practitioners and Body Workers looking for personal development and self-care sustenance and support
- People committed to Self-Care practices that nourish body, mind and spirit.
- Teachers, Integration Aides, Disability Support Workers who are seeking self-care and love animals
- Horse Riding Instructors seeking time out and self-care
- RDA trainers/ volunteers looking for nourishment with horses
- People passionate about Experiential Learning, Outdoor Education, Animal Assisted Interventions
You will experience
- A profound opportunity to slow down, attend to yourself, feel supported, and nourished in a beautiful, natural environment
- Emotionally and physically safe, innovative experiences with horses – equine experiences designed to illicit personal development, support and self-regulation
- Presence, Self-Compassion and Self-Care exercises
- New Practices to enhance your wellbeing, that you can use every-day
- New Conceptual Maps that you can use to continue with your personal growth and development journey
- Masterful facilitation with professionals and people who live the work they teach
- Pathways to further training in equine therapy, equine assisted psychotherapy and equine assisted learning, if of interest
Experiential Learning Objectives
- To learn how to engage with the natural world as a constant source of nourishment and sustainence
- To learn or further develop Horse Wisdom practices
- To understand the principles and practice of what causes unnecessary suffering
- To understand and apply the RAIN method (Tara Brach) – to recognise, allow, accept, inquire and befriend your experience
- To befriend your emotions and safely express your emotions
- To understand the obstacles to being present to where you are
- To understand the horses as your teachers and supports
- To develop awareness of beliefs that limit your capacity for awareness, presence and self-regulation
- To understand mindfulness practices and how to use them every-day, with and without horses
- To explore ‘clearing your lens’ in dialogue with your habitual patterns that are no-longer serving you well
- To understand and use self-compassion practices
- To leave feeling replenished and inspired
Horse Team – Co-facilitators
You will meet our wonderful and inspiring team of equine friends! Our herd is a free-roaming herd of 13 horses who have been supporting people to grow, learn and heal for over 10 years in our innovative equine assisted education, training, psychotherapy, personal development and leadership programs.
We have a mixed herd of predominantly Arabians, Arabian-crosses, alongside a Friesian and Haflinger. The herd members include male and female horses, of all ages, sizes, colours and temperaments, some experienced in horsemanship, some not started under saddle! They are a family herd, who live and retire with our family on the property. Each horse is an individual, who belongs in the herd family, growing, changing and thriving together, with humans. They each have their unique gifts, talents and way of engaging, that we honour and learn from as our commitment to living the principles of Horse Wisdom.
3 Day Practitioner Presence & Self-Care Program – $799 includes gst
This workshop journey will be:
- Experiential – It is an experiential learning process
- Emotionally Safe – the program is delivered at a gentle pace
- Practical – the program is practice oriented
- Horses as Teachers – Integrating the horses as co-facilitators, assistants, teachers and supports for wellbeing and building awareness, presence and self-care
- Conceptual – you will be introduced to useful maps or frameworks to use to support your self-care practices everyday
- Relational – the model is Relational and grounded in relationship-based learning.
Post Training Support
After completion of the workshop you will be
- Welcome to request ongoing individualised personal development support or support / training for your business team or organisations
- Open to join our Newsletters and mail-out lists for upcoming personal and professional development programs
To Apply for our Self-Care Program
- Check the dates to ensure you can attend!
- Email email@example.com to request Registration form. Complete and email back.
- Once your place has been confirmed you will receive a Welcome Letter. This will give you information to support you in arranging accommodation, transport, and other information to support preparation and planning for your successful training experience.
- Begin your self-care journey with our wonderful herd of 13 horses.
Time and Venue for Training
Date June 7th- 9th, 2019
Time 9.00am – 5.00pm daily
Venue The Equine Psychotherapy Institute- 459 Telegraph Rd, Mt Prospect. Victoria.
Cost $799 plus gst, includes vegetarian lunches
Deposit / Fee Payment and Conditions
Once the Registration Form is received and your place is confirmed, you will be required to pay non-refundable $200 deposit, which will be deducted from the total workshop fees. For example – $200 will be deducted from the $799 including gst fee. Thus, $599 will be due 4 weeks prior to workshop commencement. Fees are non-refundable, however, refunds will be given of 80% of remaining fees up until 2 weeks prior to workshop commencing for unforeseen emergencies, ill-health and accidents.
Introducing our Senior Trainers
Noel Haarburger Psychologist, Psychotherapist, Gestalt Therapy Trainer, and Trauma Specialist and Assistant with Somatic Experiencing Australia. Noel is renowned for his gentle, open and wise mastery and facilitation, and passionate about presence, self-compassion and psycho-spiritual practices.
Meg Kirby Founder of EPI Model and The Equine Psychotherapy Institute Education Programs, Mental Health Social Worker, Gestalt Therapist/Psychotherapist, I-Thou horsewoman. Meg is renowned for her in-depth psychotherapy and awareness-based practices and passionate about horses, animals, the natural world as vital supports for growth, change and healing.
Meg and Noel are a husband and wife team, have two beautiful daughters, Rose (19) and Jasmine (14), and live, love and learn together with their extended inter-species family of 13 horses, 1 dog, 3 cats, 2 chickens, and 2 rabbits on their country property near Daylesford, Victoria.